Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
Faith and Love without deeds are meaningless in this modern world.
(James 2:15-17, 1 John 3:18)
2005.01.07 - Action Moth Incident (Faith without works is dead; James 2:17)
Date and Time : January 7, 2005
Location : Meeting room (2nd Floor by the side of the hostel), AWM Business, Weno, Chuuk, FSM
Witness/Narrator : Nercy Fred / Etma
Aira Mijares, Carlos Pakingan, Erwin Mijares, Zoilo Sanalilia Jr., Marlon Francisco, Freddie Villanueva, Renato Tejada, Celso Berdon, Moises Esmena, Mars Francisco, Victor Ebesate, Lonnel Inguillo, Joel Villanueva, Santiago (Charlote) Longakit, Jerome Doctor, Teresa Pantanosa, Julian Guillermo, Antero De Josef, Robin Esmeralda, Geronimo Fritz, Roland Wengu, Angelene Aten, Nercy Fred, Jason Pauig, Mensior Nine, Steve Mori, Bernadette Aten, and Ricky Virtucio (some may not be listed here)
I am Nercy, a new participant in the seminar held from Monday to Saturday for one hour starting 7 AM. The seminar was organized by our boss Etma for our intellectual growth since most of us do not have high educational background. Everybody is motivated to attend and I am one of them.
On January 7, 2005, I happened to witness a miraculous incident the main character of which was a small moth. It started 7:30 A.M. after Steve Mori, our administrative officer, finished his speech. Our boss Etma took over the floor and after five minutes talking, he saw a moth entering from the hallway to the meeting room (See Sketch below). Etma stopped suddenly his lecture and asked us to remain as we were, without talking. We all watched quietly the movement of the moth. Since I was in front row and the hallway was behind me, I just saw Etma attentively observed the movement of the moth.
I just saw when it passed close to me and flying overhead the others near the entrance towards Charlotte, our beautician who happened to be a gay and talkative. The insect perched to Charlotte’s lip and remained there for about three seconds. Then to Steve’s underfoot and to mine (about 2 seconds each time), and then, the insect flew and landed to the hand of Moises, our hard-working electrician, then to the hand of Marlon (our diligent store supervisor), and then to Joe (our industrious carpenter) with about 2 seconds each time also. And as to the other details, Etma had witnessed more since he was standing in front, and was able to see in full view the whole remarkable event.
Etma’s Additional Notes:
- The moth came from the 90-foot hallway of the hostel connected to our seminar room.
- Because of the first miracle involving a moth of divine revelation (title and link indicated below) occurred to me, I became so attentive and observant of nature especially of insects;
I quickly gave the signal to the class not to make any noise or gesture that may interrupt the unexpected guest, the moth, which I now call as “Action Moth”. So, we gave the moth full freedom to fly or to perch to anything or anyone. So, the first landing was on top lip of Charlotte (See sketch above) and stayed there for about three seconds, then flew downward to Steve’s underfoot, then to Nercy’s underfoot, at about two seconds from each. Then, the moth flew towards Moises and landed to his hands for about two seconds, then to Marlon’s hands, and then to the hand of Joe who was sitting behind them. The moth spent about the same number of seconds to their hands and of the same location before flying overhead and landed to my office door two feet above the floor. Just after the session, I approached and looked closely the light brown moth (with little black spots on wings) while in her stationary position and announced to the group not to bother the moth, and in the following morning when I came to work, the moth was no longer there.
I consider the Action Moth Incident as a miracle with revelatory messages of the following grounds;
- Why the moth emerged in the morning from somewhere when it is nocturnal insect?
- Where could it come from, having a 90-foot hallway to fly through towards the meeting room?
Why the moth moved and perched on this fashion;
- First: Lip (1 person)
- Second: Underfoot (2 persons)
- Third: Hand (3 persons at same location, back of the hand)
- Why the moth was so particular on the three mentioned above and not on any body part?
- Why the moth perched the lip, feet, and hand in such sequence?
- How would the moth be able to know Charlotte, the most talkative in the class, since it landed on right the spot, his lip?
Why would the moth able to perch on one mouth, two person’s underfoot, and to three person’s hands giving an excellent formula for faith and love in action: 1 mouth, 2 feet, and 3 hands, which is in line with following verses;
- 1 John 3:18, "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
- James 2:17, "Faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
- How would the moth be able to know Moises, the most diligent and hardworking among the employees, and why would it landed on his hand and not on other parts of the body?
- How would the moth still find the other hardworking employee, Marlon, and by landing on the same particular place, the back of the hand?
- How did the moth still perched on the hand of the third guy, Joe, who is also industrious employee?
- Why right after the scene, the moth flew up to ceiling level and landed down and came to rest on my office door, two feet above the floor. (I just told everyone not to bother, and the following morning, it was no longer there.)
Since the miraculous moth made its first landing exactly on the lip and not to the feet and hands, this must be a strong reminder, as expressed in the following teaching;
- Matthew 15:8-9, "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’'
We are spiritual being (1 John 3:24) that we do need just a change but to undergo spiritual awakening since God already put his laws in our hearts and minds (Hebrews 10:16): To put faith and love of more with works than words, especially, it is no longer in the old times that mere faith is salvation. This time of modern generation of modern science, faith and love must be with works to be saved, as expressed in the following verses;
- "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?" (James 2:14)
- "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." (James 2:15-17)
- "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3:17-18)
This Action Moth Incident has strong connection to the spider incident revealing the "Modern Seven Woes";
* * * * * * *