Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.”
(1 Thessalonians 4:7)
L I F E
1. If we obey the commands of God, we live in him, and he in us; we know it by the Spirit God gave us.
- 1 John 3:24, "Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us."
2. God put his laws to our hearts and heart:
- Hebrews 10:16, “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”
3. God did not call us to be impure but to live a holy life:
- 1 Thessalonians 4:7-8, “For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.”
4. And yet, because the truth was suppressed due to wickedness of men (Rom. 1:18), most of us do not live in a holy life and in which case our body is considered dead:
- James 2:26, "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."
5. We are polluted by the world not knowing the pure and faultless religion:
- James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
6.. We are misled by the false prophets (Matthew 7:15-16) that we love the world:
- 1 John 2:15-17, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[d] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."
7. We failed to seek the kingdom of God:
- Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
8. We are misled that we thought godliness leads to financial gain:
- 1 Timothy 6:5-7, "Wranglings of men corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, supposing that godliness is a way of financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it."
9. We are misled; we thought that life is in the abundance of possessions:
- Luke 12:15, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
And supported by this revelation:
2004.12.03; Bread Moth Incident (Life is not in the Abundance of Possessions; Luke 12:15)
10. On main thing that we ignore is this: We cannot love both God and Money:
- Luke 16:13, "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
11. Because of the increase of wickedness of men, our love grows cold:
- Matthew 24:12, “Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold.”
12. Instead of serving one another humbly in love, we bite and devour each other:
- Galatians 5:13-15, “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.”
13. Humanity is one body (1 Corinthians 12:12-27). Put off falsehood and speak truthfully to our neighbor:
- Ephesians 4:25, "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body."
14. Imitate God; live a life filled with love:
- Ephesians 5:1-2, "Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God."
15. Human beings need not just food for the stomachs but the hearts:
- Matthew 4:4, “Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
And that food is Jesus, the bread of life:
- John 6:35, “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
Which means that we obey God’s commands as expressed in this verse:
- John 4:34, “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."
16. Each of us has a calling to attain and maintain peace:
- Ephesians 4:1-3, "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
17. God created humans in his image & to rule over the earth, not exploit. No matter how busy we are, let us be a part of taking care for the mother earth:
- Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
18. To live a holy life, let us be guided by the following laws:
The Law of the Prophets:
- Matthew 7:12, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
The Royal Law:
- James 2:8, "If you really keep that royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing it right."
Or to fulfill the entire law is to keep this one command:
- Galatians 5:14, "For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
* * * * * * *