Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
"If I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
(1 Corinthians 13:2)
F A I T H
1. Faith comes second from love.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
2. Without love, faith is nothing:
- 1 Corinthians 13:2, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
3. Jesus may dwell in our hearts through faith rooted in love:
- Ephesians 3:16-17, "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, being rooted and established in love.”
4. In this modern age after the First Coming, God’s commands are no longer burdensome:
- 1 John 5:3, "In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,"
5. And this is God’s basic command:
- 1 John 3:23, "And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us."
6. With modern science proving the Almiighty God who is not served by human hands (Acts 17:25), we focus more to be righteous, not religious:
- James 2:24, “You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.”
7. How can we be saved with faith without deeds?
- James 2:14, "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
8. Faith if not accompanied by action is dead:
- James 2:15-17, "Suppose someone is without clothes and daily food. If you say to him, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.":
And supported further by this revelation:
9. We are all children of God through faith:
- Galatians 3:26, “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith."
And supported by this revelation:
- 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."
10. As faithful stewards of god's grace, share your blessings:
- 1 Peter 4:10, "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
11. The goal of the command is love coming from pure heart, good conscience, and sincere faith.
- 1 Timothy 1:5, "The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."
12. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
- Galatians 5:6, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
13. Faith is also to provide assistance for their family & relatives:
- 1 Timothy 5:8, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
14. If we love money we may get strayed from the faith.
- 1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
15. To be justified is faith in Jesus is not just obeying the law (Moses' law):
- Galatians 2:16; “know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.”
16. I now live by faith in Jesus because he appeared to me through 21st Century Divine Revelation like what happened to Paul:
- Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
17. Testing our faith produces perseverance:
- James 1:2-3, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."
* * * * * * *