Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
1. In Jesus, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- Ephesians 1:7, "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."
2. Not just bear with each other but also forgive one another.
- Colossians 3:13, “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
3. During the crucifixion, Jesus said, “Forgive them for they do not know what they do.” And until now, most people do not know the truth which is being suppressed by the false prophets in sheep’s clothing (Mat. 7:15-16).
- Luke 23:34, "And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments."
4. During the time of John the Baptist, he was preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
- Luke 3:3, “He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.”
5. Jesus told them to pray “Our Father” which include the prayer of forgiveness.
- Luke 11:4, “Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.”
6. When you are praying, do not hold anything against anyone.
- Mark 11:25, "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
7. What is bad among the people of today is the attitude of not forgiving but judging others.
- Luke 6:37, “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
8. This is a divine advice when your brother or sister who sins against you:
Rebuke and if they repent, forgive them.
- Luke 17:3-4, “So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister] sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”
And not just seven times but seventy-seven time.
- Matthew 18:21-22, "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
9. If we forgive, God will forgive us.
- Matthew 6:14, "For if you forgive other people their failures, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you."
10. Let it be known, that Jesus has authority to forgive sins, not men:
- Matthew 9:6, “But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”
11. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other:
- Ephesians 4:32, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
12. In time if we witness that the punishment inflicted on someone by the majority is sufficient; forgive and comfort him, and reaffirm your love for him.
- 2 Corinthians 2:6-8, "The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. 7 Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. 8 I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him."
13. We do not let the sun go down while we are still angry; do not give the devil a foothold:
- Ephesians 4:25-27, "Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold."
14. God forgives our sins, for we forgive everyone who sins against us, which is an important part of our prayer, “Our Father”.
- Luke 11:2-4, “He said to them, “When you pray, say: “‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.’”
* * * * * * *