2005.04.05 - You've Got a Friend Song Incident
Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
"You are my friends if you do what I command."
2005.04.05; You’ve Got a Friend Song Incident
Date: April 5, 2005
Location: Bedroom, Weno, Chuuk, FSM
One afternoon on April 5, 2005, I was busy on the computer in the bedroom and another incident of goosebumps happened to me when I heard the song, "You've God a Friend" being played. So, I focused to the lyrics of the song and I was touched on the first part that there was a manifestation of divine message from that song. And the part of the song is hereunder:
“You’ve Got A Friend” (first stanza)
When you’re down and troubled
And you need some helping hand
To brighten up even your darkest night
You just call of out my name
And you know wherever I am
I’ll come running to see you again
When we are down and troubled, we used to pray to console ourself and most of the time, we look for friends especially best friend to help us. One thing that we do not know of this verse in relation of looking for a true friend to help us in our problem:
- John 15:14, "You are my friends if you do what I command."
In line with the following verse which is love for God is to obey his commands:
- 1 John 5:3, "In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome."
The basic command of both God and Jesus is for us to Love Each Other as Jesus love us. (John 15:12, 1 John 3:23)
And supported by the following verse:
- 1 John 3:11, "This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another."
So, for us to be a friend of Jesus is to obey his command, the basic of which if for us to love each other as Jesus loved us. And this is the big issue, that because of the false prophets have suppressed the truth, the result is expressed in this verse:
- Matthew 24:12, "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold."
Etma’s Analysis and Meaning with Biblical Correlation:
The song, “You’ve Got a Friend” is an old song but still popular and I heard it many times, and one day I just got goosebumps on my arms that I know it is a condition beyond my control. I thought of that this must be a miraculous sign for a divine message. I concentrated to interpret the song. I found of the wonderful meaning of the song and with correlation with the Bible verses below;
- Luke 16:9, "I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings."
- 1 Timothy 6:7, "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it."
Based of the above teaching, the worldly wealth is absolutely cannot brought with us when we die. What we can bring is not what we received but what we gave as Saint Francis taught during his time. And this wealth, as explained also in Matthew 25:35-40, is the one that we can use to pay rent for the rooms in the house of God for an eternal dwelling;
We do not really need to always pray to God for solving our problems; if we have a lot of friends that can help in most of our problems. In fact, a friend is gift of God because God gave only human being a heart blessed with capability to love others (Hebrews 10:16), not like all animals. So, would-be-friends are just around us, many of them, but we do not bother because we do not want to spend our time and money for them, especially the poor, In line with this verse in relation to eternal life:
- Matthew 25:40, "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the leasts of theses brothers and sisters of mine, you didid for me."
* * * * * * *