Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
Rendezvous with Nature (Divine Guidance)
"since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”
ETMA'S OBSERVATION & ANALYSIS:
A) 2008.05.24: Etma’s Solitude with Nature in Inarajan, Guam
1) 2008.06.02&13: Small and big Mantises
2) 2008.06.14: Bees and Butterflies
3) 2008.06.15: Group of Banana Trees
4) 2008.06.17: Tangan-tangan Tree compared to Indian tree
5) 2008.06.20: The Ants
6) 2008.06.24/2005.11.04: Spherical Shoal of Black Fish Episode 2008.11.14
B) 2008.11.14-28: Etma with Nature in Refimataw Island, FSM
1) Coconut Tree
2) Coral and Coral Reef
3) Sea Cucumber
C) 2011.03.27: Touco Toucan GMA 7 News (Philippines)
D) 2018.01.11; Taro and Kangkong (Chuuk, FSM)
A) 2008.05.24: Etma’s Solitude with Nature in Inarajan, Guam
Duration: May 24 to June 22, 2008
Location: Inarajan, Guam
Witnesses: Marsino, Joe and his son Junior (Father and son), John and Lou (Husband and wife)
Here again, I was forced to leave Chuuk avoiding further complication which I considered as divine intervention as my wife being used as instrument which I discussed more in details in the link;
2010.04.22; Singing Midnight Birds Incident (My Wife is a Chosen Instrument; John 15:16)
Without much financial assistance and help due to our dispute, I was forced to stay in a dilapidated house without power and water. After three days from the new condition, I was able to recover with endurance and determination to continue life with the divine mission, and magically I experienced beatitude even though I missed my families so much. I focused not on misery but being happy on the many things I was busy about with high regard on the interaction with nature.
To keep me busy was not just writing but vegetable gardening and little of carpentry by which I was being assisted by my Chuukese neighbors Marsino and teenager Junior, especially from clearing the yard. As to basic necessities, my other neighbor, John and Lou, allowed me to use water and power for my computer for free. They even lent me pillow and folding bed, and sometimes a car for going to nearby store. Once in a while, my neighbors Junior and John and Lou gave me food. (This is the beauty living at the countryside, the old tradition of caring for your neighbor is still alive, not like in the city.)
Within the period of my stay, there were occasions that I was invited for lunch in the family gatherings thereby meeting new friends. The feeling was great in such condition of being poor creating an opportunity to be happy of being helped by others, even if perhaps they are practically of average life.
With my meaningful one month-stay in this neighborhood, I was able to have keen observation of the surrounding and able to analyze and give meaning of nature, as expressed in the following quote by a world famous scientist;
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
I realized that God really has spoken through nature which most people used to ignore and failed to perceive. The following were some incidents and my observations and analyses about plants and insects, which came to me as I worked in the yard and most of which attracted my attention while I was resting in the balcony at the second floor of the rundown house. Furthermore, I recollected in my memory some amazing creatures in the past that now I can give more meaningful interpretation, as well. And hereunder are some of the creatures that I observed and interpreted as to God’s will for humankind, especially in this modern age of modern science;
A-1)2008.06.02 &13 - Small and big Mantises
(I did not have the modern cellphone with camera that I just uploaded the photo from the internet of the similar mantis.)
Mantis: Analysis and Revelatory Message
Mantis is an insect that can be described briefly, as follow;
- Mantis is called as praying mantis because of its posture similar to clasped hands prayer
- Mantis moves patiently and silently, taking more time in such without much works.
With above behavior, we may say that mantis is in disobedience to the James 2:17 for it prays most of the times and lack of work that they are now becoming instinct, as it is a predaceous creature that can even consider its own species as prey,
- As stated in the Bible to follow ant’s way (Proverbs 6:6) but not the praying mantis for it just keep on praying or exercising faith without works (James 2:17).
- “Match prayer with diligence.” (Tapatan ang dasal ng kasipagan.”) – Pres. Benigno Aquino III (Radio message, Lent 2011)
The incident of the mantis is detailed in this link with corresponding revelatory message;
2004.11.04; Falling Pen Incident (Praying Guidelines; Mat. 6:5-7)
A-2) 2008.06.14: Bees and Butterflies (2008.06.14)
When I was cleaning the balcony, I was about to break bee’ houses at the ceiling, but I paused and thought a little; then I decided to discontinue.
Bee and Butterfly: Analysis and Revelatory Message:
I have a simple analysis for bees and butterflies which is known to people; they are not attracted to grass but flowers for pollination, the process of which is important for food production. With this, it reminds people not to invest time and money too much on lawn of grass and ornamental trees which can be considered in disobedience to the following biblical verse;
- Genesis 1:11, “Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."
A simple reminder in solving starvation; focus on fruit bearing plants and trees, not huge lawn of grass which only grasshoppers are attracted, and not bees and butterflies, which is indicated in Mark 11:12-13 and 20-21 & Genesis 1:29.
On this recent edition, November 5, 2018, there are 21,000 children die per day from hunger worldwide and yet the mend of God or rich Christians turned a blind eye on them, disobeying the following verses in the Gospel;
A-3) 2008.06.15: Group of Banana Trees (June 15, 2008)
While resting and lying down on balcony, my focus was attracted on the blossom of the banana tree just within few feet away; it made me fantasized to talk to the banana tree. I expressed: “You are lucky that even you cannot walk, your family members are around you. For me, I do not have them and I was alone. Then I came up with the following analysis;
Banana Tree: Analysis and Revelatory Message:
- A group of banana trees connected like a family is much stronger to withstand against wind or typhoon. (Galatians 3:28)
- One tree is weak to withstand to bear load of fruit without having others to sprout first. (Matthew 12:25)v
- It reminds the people of the spirit of teamwork and unity which is important in a healthy balanced society where everybody serve one another, poor or rich, small or big. (Galatians 5:13)
A-4) 2008.06.17: Tangan-tangan Tree compared to Indian tree (June 17, 2008)
“Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Har Borland
Above photo was taken at my wife’s garden showing the Tangan-tangan tree in the middle, with the mango tree in the background.
Photo of Indian tree at the Dakota playground, opposite Manila zoo, Philippines
Tangan-tangan tree: Etma’s Analysis and Revelatory Message:
- A tangan-tangan tree grows much faster than most fruit bearing trees, like mango and coconut trees.
- A tangan-tangan tree can also outgrow non-fruit bearing tree like the Indian tree.
- Tangan-tangan tree bend to rain and easily breaks during typhoon.
- Not to be arrogant higher than those with fruits and easily to fail when it comes to difficulty.
To be humble like the Indian tree with small head at it grows taller, and branches bending towards the ground as opposed to branches of tangan-tangan tree.
- Luke 14:11, "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
A-5) 2008.06.20: The Ants (June 20, 2008)
While having rest at lunch time, I noticed and observed ants while getting into the left-over soda and while bringing food to their colony. And in the following day, I still saw them foraging which made me more to analyze and think of those that I know about the ants, and they are as follow;
Ants: Analysis and Revelatory Message:
- The ants work continuously even more than 24 hours. (Hardwork)
- The ants work in teamwork with for one job good for the colony, as a whole. (Unity)
- The ants are eusocial, having high regard and care for their young. (Eusocial trait)
- The older ants train their younger ants to find food, to protect, and build their colony. (Good teacher)
- The ants bring and share whatever food they gather or collect for the whole colony. (Love in action)
To keep reminding the world to love each other with actions, like working hard, sharing food to the community, working in teamwork, having high concern for the young (not just for one’ own children but others), and teaching young adult to work, not for oneself but for the colony. And this must be the reason why one biblical teaching tells us to consider the ways of the ant, as stated below;
- "Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise." (Proverbs 6:6)
A-6) 2008.06.24/2005.11.04: Spherical Shoal of Black Fish Episode
Date Realized: June 24, 2008
Date Occurred: November 11, 2005
Location Realized: Inarajan, Guam
Location Occurred: Anna’s Beach Resort, Tunnuk, Chuuk, FSM
While experiencing longer isolation and meditation in Inarajan, Guam in June 24, 2008, I recalled this past experience happened on November 11, 2005, which I can now interpret meaningfully. We can decipher God’s Will through his works like creating this amazing type of creature: “Spherical Shoal of Black Fish”, the half-inch black fish forming into a ball shape while foraging along the edge of the shore. I saw it by accident when I was working and developing our beach resort in Tunnuk, Chuuk. I got attracted and was fascinated by the way they moved, so I watched the moving group of fish closely and attentively. They were about 40 and positioned themselves to appear big, like a five-inch sphere shape, and moving laterally while appearing a circular motion because of movement of each fish of giving turns to other fish to eat from the shoreline while maintaining the appearance which is necessary to scare and thwart predators.
Shoal of Black Fish: Etma’s Analysis and Revelatory Message:
The forty little creatures are far less intelligent compared to humans but they act and live the teachings of God, loving each other as one family (John 13:34, John 17:20-23, Mat. 12:25). They know the advantages of unity in love, and they are as follows;
- To appear big like the spherical shape would scare and thwart predators (An example how important unity is: without them being together, the predators can easily attack and devastate each of them.)
- To take turns while feeding from the shoreline would let every fish to eat, avoiding hunger (An example of “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Without this instinctive habit, the shoal of fish may not be able to survive.)
B) 2008.11.14-28: Etma with Nature in Refimataw Island (November 14, 2011)
- “Nature is man's teacher. She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.” ~Alfred Billings Street
Date/Duration: November 14 to 28, 2008
Location: Refimataw Island (In the middle of nowhere), Chuuk, FSM
Witnesses: Edison and family, Rusty, and Luke
Before proceeding to the actual story, I wish to briefly describe about Refimataw known formerly as Angengeripwang which means like in the middle of nowhere or middle of the ocean. It is about 30 to 45 minutes from the main island Weno by fiber glass 18-foot boat driven by 40 HP motor. The size of the island above water is approximately 9 square meters and the area of the tideland is 50 times as much. The distance from the island to the ocean shore is about 700 feet, and 900 feet to the lagoon side.
In several occasions of staying in this island, I found out that this particular stay for two weeks, from November 14 to 28, 2008, was paradoxically one of the best retreat, although it was difficult for being alone sometimes for missing my family. It made me to experience greater spiritual growth that I was subjected to withdraw from luxuries of life for I got stocked for no fuel and bad weather, and no deliveries or visit from anyone coming from the main island, Weno. I enjoyed living like a typical average native of Chuuk, eating rice with copra juice and sometimes banana, and when Edison, the Chukese caretaker of island, caught fish, then I ate fish. At night, I stayed in the 14’ x 20' room, and sometimes slept outside with the two dogs, Nissan and Bartoloy, who I loved as favorite pets. I got used to sleep outside, hearing the voice of nature, such as the ocean waves, the birds, and the sound of the coconut leaves as the wind strikes. There were times, especially after spending a couple of hours of writing, I pushed out the inclined plastic chair few feet away from the shade of room, seeing in full view the sky. It was amazing on how God able to create in such perfect design of such a million or even billion of stars and planets in the universe, as I thought of and remembering Albert Einstein. He was a great scientist who appeared atheistic but somehow believing that there must be God, the only possible reason for having such unimaginable and perfect set-up of the universe. Below is one of his quote about nature;
· “The more I study the universe the more I believe in a higher power.” – Albert Einstein
On the day time and at break time, while lying down, I observed and thought of why things were created that way and why things acting and reacting that way too. I believe those various objects were created that God incorporated messages for His will, and hereunder is the Bible teaching expressing this;
· ". . . since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” (Romans 1:19-20)
B-1) Coconut Tree
- Coconut tree takes patience to grow half inch per year giving chance for its roots to grow longer to hold its body against external forces.
- It has long durable roots, not only for support but to hold the sand intact together against the action of the waves.
- It provides shade and protection for various smaller trees in the vicinity against typhoon.
- It provides food for the people and other wildlife.
Grass and smaller plants (represent the poor and the weak, which are God’s flock)
- The grass and small plants protect the surface from erosion due to waves and rain making the roots of the coconut tree especially along the shore more stable.
Coconut Tree: Analysis and Revelatory Message:
The coconut tree is a symbol for those who are rich and powerful to help the poor and the weak (the grass and small plants); in the same way, the grass and small plants if being helped would be part of the system to protect the coconut tree from surface erosion.
This is a reminder of Proverbs 22:2 for the rich and poor, as children of God, to love each other together for continuous wonderful and peaceful world towards to future generations;
- Proverbs 22:2, "The rich and the poor have a common bond, the Lord is the maker of them all."
B-2) Coral and Coral Reef
- Coral Reef is the formidable shore protection and foundation for structure
- Coral slowly grows half inch per year and when reaching few inches the surface of water stopped and die out.
- Coral bonds together as it grows and forms into one solid rock or reef for long period of time.
- Stockpile of coral, coralline sand and gravel, if left for long period of time bond together forming a solid whole.
Coral: Revelatory Message:
- Unity is the major source of strength that can be attained through love, which coincides to Jesus’ prayer for world unity before dying in the cross (John 17:20-23).
- The Heart-Shape Coral Incident, part of the 21st Century Divine Revelation, is hereunder presented in strong support of the revelatory message of the Coral;
2008.02.17; Heart-Shape Coral Incident (Humanity is just One Body, 1 Cor. 12:12-31)
Evolution theory is applicable in this creature, sea cucumber, when cut into two, can evolve into two alive sea cucumbers producing their own mouth and anus. The process is shown below;
The photo above shows one type of sea cucumber called “potato” and it was about to be cut into two pieces to show how they would evolve after the cutting.
The photo above shows two new sea cucumbers (called potato) after being cut by a bolo. They are in the process of developing their new mouth and anus and intestine; the process of evolving two new sea cucumber after cutting takes about two hours. (Note: there was a video taken during the process and was kept in file).
Sea cucumber: Revelatory Message:
- Some animal creatures like the sea cucumber can exhibit a very unique property like evolving two or more from one source which may suggest of some theories like Evolution Theory which might be right. But this may be the second stage after “Creation Theory” that all creatures tend to evolve into better appearance and quality but maintaining the same type or species like the sea cucumber. Furthermore, this means that an ape will not evolve as a human being but the ape can be a better ape but still under the species of the ape.
C) 2011.03.27: Toco Toucan GMA 7 News
Date: Late part of March, 2011
Location: Etma’s small room (MOL), Dagonoy St., San Andres Bukid, Manila
In late part of March, 2011, in the small room (10’ x 12’) while busy writing, I was attracted to the news of GMA 7 about toco toucan (photo below), an endangered species which is protected under the wildlife conservation. The authorities raided a certain bird store owner and one that was discovered being hidden was the toco toucan, the fancy looking bird with huge long bill and with various attractive colors.
Sample photo of touco toucan from internet
I did some research about this bird and found out that they are somewhat lazy creature like the mantis. They just stay practically in one location and just used to wait for preys, which is very different from the ants, as even highly recognized in the Bible under Proverbs 6:6. The big toco toucan compared to small ant is much more beautiful and attractive than an ant in external features, but as to traits and characteristics, the ant is far better than the toco toucan.
As I believe the creator created all with reasons, I therefore believe one reason of the existence of toco toucan is to remind the world for not to be so concerned of outside appearance but inner. In the same token, to warn the world not to idolize those who appear beautiful and attractive and yet have no regard to people but of greed of money, power, and fame.
Revelatory Message (Toco Toucan):
- Do not waste too much time and effort for external beauties, but inner treasure under God’s will, which are expressed in the following verses;
· "But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
· "Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on the fine apparel; rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- Beware of those they appear beautiful from the outside, especially with big mouth and long tongue, like the toco toucan, as in correlation with the following verses;
· "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." (Matthew 7:15)
· "All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." (James 3:7-8)
D) 2018.01.11; Taro (small and big taro) and water spinach (kangkong) at Chuuk, FSM
Additional as of September 13, 2019;
Consider to visit the two links about the two miraculous mango trees (one in Chuuk & the other in Guam) & banana plants (in Guam) supporting major biblical teaching that Nature speaks of God's will;
2018.07.09; Miraculous Mango Tree (Genesis 1:29-30)
2019.03.13 – The Miraculous Banana Plants
* * * * * * *