Blog webekm.com the ekm.
Download from BIGTheme.net free full premium templates
“Those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples."
Spiritual leadership is apostolic leadership like those 12 apostles and Paul. Spiritual leaders are called also as Christ’s ambassadors.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20, "We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God."
This modern age, the 21st Century Divine Revelationhas taken place to reveal God’s will for the modern world under the new creation:
- 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
Criteria for the Apostolic Leadership
- Luke 14:26, “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."’
- Luke 14:33, "In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 9:23, "Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."
- Able to seek first the kingdom of God. (Matthew 6:33)
Characters and Manners of Apostolic Leadership:
- James 1:2-4, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
- Acts 10:25-26, "As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26 But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”
- Acts 20:35, "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
Not Lover of Money
- Matthew 6:24, "“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
- 1 Corinthians 4:1, "This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed."
- Mark 9:35, "Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
- Matthew 20:26, "Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant."
- Colossians 1:25, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness."
- Galatians 1:10, "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
- Ephesians 3:7, "I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power."
All the believers to be one in heart and mind.
- "All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. (Acts 4:32)
No needy persons among them for the apostolic leaders are to distribute things shared by others to anyone who has need.
- Acts 4:33-35With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need."
Proclaim liberties to the captives, recover the sight of the blind, and set at liberty who are oppressed.
- Luke 4:18, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed."
No matter we eat nutritious and complete meal every day we are still spiritually malnourished for not eating the “Living Bread” (Matthew 4:4) and drinking the “Living Water” (John 4:14). So, one major objective is to bring spiritual awakening to humans beings who are mostly victims of the false prophets and teachers by preaching the true message in the Gospel (Col. 1:5).
- Mark 13:10, "And the gospel must first be preached to all nations."
- Mark 16:15, "He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."
- Matthew 23:3, "So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."
Miraculous Power Given to Apostles
Healing the sick, raising the dead, and driving the evil spirit.
- Matthew 10:8, “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”
- Mark 16:18, "they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
- Acts 19:11-12, "God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them."
Praying for the sick.
- James 5:16, "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."
- John 14:14, "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
* * * * * * *